blub-oat protein pancakes.
if you didn’t immediately start salivating just from looking at the cover shot for this recipe then i would be honestly shocked, probably wouldn’t believe u. it’s ok though, me too. these pancakes are a go-to for me when i am craving something sweet &/or missing the smell of my dad flipping pancakes downstairs in the kitchen back home in MN.
great news–you don’t have to give up pancakes just because you want to pursue a healthier lifestyle & more importantly be feeling your absolute best. these pancakes are vegan, protein packed, & refined sugar free! keep reading to get the deets! as always–if you recreate please, please, pretty, please tag me on insta (@fitfoodfreie), i’m dying to see!
here’s what you will need.
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 medium banana
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
coconut or nut milk
frozen or fresh blueberries
optional, but always encouraged, toppings
organic maple syrup
frozen or fresh blueberries
organic unsweetened, unsalted peanut butter
here’s what you’ll do.
- to get the smooth, traditional, familiar pancake batter, I first like to pulverize my oats into more of an oat flour, so add your oats first to your food processor (my fav option), nutribullet, or blender. *tip: you CAN make these without, you just may have lumpy pancakes, i think they still taste delicious.
- add the rest of your ingredients to the blender–your protein powder, cocoa powder (*tip: you can use chocolate protein powder to simplify, or no cocoa at all if vanilla is more your thing!), cinnamon, banana, vanilla, and milk. everything except the blueberries. the amount of milk will depend on how thick or thin you like your pancakes–i usually start with just a splash and a half–then add more if the batter is too thick or not blending properly.
- grease your pan with a little bit coconut or olive oil. *tip: i usually add a little, then take a paper towel to spread it around the pan.
- pour your batter onto your pan and add your blueberries–frozen and fresh both work! *tip: frozen are cheaper & last longer
- flip your cakes!
feel like a true chef with this blueberry-maple syrup.
- heat blueberries in the microwave or on the stove until warm and juicy.
- combine with a teaspoon (or more…oops!) of maple syrup.
- pour over pancakes along with some good-ole melted pb.
- add other toppings if you wish. here are some options i recommend: coconut flakes, chia seeds, vegan or greek yogurt (omg yum), honey, nuts, goji berries, & more!
que the oooos & ahhhs. remember to customize recipes to your preferences and measuring is always optional in my book. come saturday or sunday morning… hell, even for dinner– this recipe will not disappoint. until next time!