healthy quesadillas? yes.
for all of my health lovers, vegan mates, & peeps w food intolerances who thought they would have to say goodbye to a good old quesadilla…….ummmm u literally thought wrong. here’s is one of my fav lunch or dinner ideas if you are lazy as heck & craving something unhealthy.
here is what you need.
- siete almond flour tortillas
- so delicious dairy-free mozarella flavored shreds
yes that is technically it–but if you are headed to the grocery store anyways, here’s what else i’d grab to take these to the next level.
- red onion
- hot sauce
here’s what you do.
so simple there is hardly a need for directions–cook your onion + pepper slices in a little olive oil & salt & pepper first to soften them up & maximize flavor. next, lay down your siete tortilla, again i prepped the pan with minimal evoo. add your cheeze & veggies & top with another tortilla. cover for 3-5 minutes on low heat, then flip! optional toppings which you can stuff inside your quesadilla include:
- pre-cooked sweat potato slices/mash
- sliced heirloom tomato
- taco-seasoned tofu scramble/ground turkey
- jalapeno peppers
- black beans
& to add for after the quesadilla is off the pan:
- cherry tomatoes
- hot sauce (i used the green dragon hot sauce from tj’s)
- avo, sliced/guac style (in my opinion, this is hardly optional)
- everything but the bagel seasoning from tj’s
these are bomb & there is no reason to feel even a little guilty! as always, be sure to tag @fitxfreie if you recreate! the thing is, i know you are making this soon.