choc chia pudding.
for when you are not hungry per se, maybe bored.. have a sweet craving & can’t give up dessert (ha wait was i just describing me every night? … yes.) also a great option to make the night before & have for a quick brekkie in the morning! this treat reminds me of snack-pack pudding cups that i used to have back in the day–but grown-up version.
super easy, here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1/2 cup nut milk, coconut milk, or water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop pea protein powder (if you use chocolate you can skip the cocoa!)
- add all ingredients to bowl or container, whisk until well combined.
- cover & refrigerate. works great to store overnight, but be sure to wait for at 2-3 hours – sometimes I can’t wait but 30 minutes, oops!
- give it a good stir & add toppings! i chose some organic unsweetened, unsalted pb & raw coconut flakes.