fiber-full choc-pb pancakes.
here is yet another way to eat dessert for breakfast.
pulverizing GG’s crackers allows you to create endless recipes replacing your other kitchen flours, grains, oats, & more! in today’s recipe i chose to transform GG’s fiber crackers into deliciously chocolately & perfectly peanut-buttery vegan pancakes! not only do these refrain from the use of any animal products, but per usual they are also refined sugar-free. complete with 20g of fiber & 20g of protein – you can enjoy with no guilt while curbing your hunger & cravings throughout your day.
so here’s what you’ll need.
- 4 GG’s crackers, pulverized
- 1 scoop pea protein powder (i used vanilla, but option to use chocolate for extra chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tbsp unsalted organic peanut butter
- cinnamon to taste
- nut milk of choice (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dairy-free yogurt (i used unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- cinnamon to taste
- start by making your flax egg – 1 tbsp flaxseed meal & 3 tbsp water. combine & place in the fridge to gelatinize for at least 15 minutes.
- pulverize your GG’s crackers in a food processor. blend until you have the finest meal your blender will allow. *option to add 1/4 cup pulverized oats, oat flour, almond flour, or coconut flour for better consistency
- add the rest of your ingredients to the blender, & blend (duh!). for nut milk, add until batter like consistency – start with a generous splash & remember you can always add more, but you can’t add less.
- grease pan with extra virgin olive oil & pour into small pancakes. stop here or add dairy-free chocolate chips.
- flip & enjoy! optional, but always encouraged toppings, include organic pure maple syrup, chia seeds, more chocolate chunks, &, if you are really getting your chef on, don’t skip on this: pb cream (combine the ingredients listed above in separate bowl!
remember that you can always customize recipes to your dietary needs & taste preferences. use pasteurized eggs instead of flax eggs or add blueberries instead of chocolate chips – the possibilities are endless. tag @fitxfreie on insta! see u soon.