apple dessert in november? sign me up. apple pie has long been my favorite of the pie varieties – every year my dad and i bake pies on thanksgiving morning. this recipe really hits home with me – seriously counting down the days until i’m back in Minnesota for the holidays.
so this recipe is like apple pie, but a thousand times easier & healthier! dairy-free, paleo, & vegan! keep reading for my fav recipe i’ve posted so far.
here’s what you’ll need.
- 2-3 granny smith apples
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- optional: chopped walnuts
- hardly optional: dairy-free vanilla ice-cream
here’s what you’ll do.
- pre-heat your oven. my oven doesn’t allow me to set a temp, but 375-400°F should do the trick.
- peel & slice your apples – you want your apples pretty thinly sliced. add cinnamon to coat the apples. then arrange them in a bread pan or any smaller baking dish so they lay flat, do not pack down.
- in a separate bowl, combine oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, & salt (i never measure cinnamon or salt, but maybe a tsp of cinnamon? few dashes of salt).
- scoop out your solid coconut oil & do not melt. instead add to your mixture & mix with a fork, knife, or both. the coconut oil should form dime-sized balls throughout the mixture – leave them whole!
- add your crumble to top your apples, do not pack down.
- pop into the oven for 30-40 min or until your kitchen smells like heaven & apples are soft.
- add a scoop or dairy-free ice-cream & try not to cry!
this recipe is a winner! lmk if u try by tagging @fitfxfreie on insta! thankful for all of u & see u soon.